HOYC is run soley by volunteers. We strongly encourage at least one adult family member volunteer their time to assist with running the league or their child's squad. The league’s success is directly related to adult involvement. We have many positions available where you can help - some require a larger commitment than others, but we will gladly take any time you can give to help make this league better.
HOYC Head Coach/Assistant Coach Positions:
- Head Coaches must be at least 18 years old as of October 1, 2022. Please make sure to provide your birth date when completing your member profile information. If you leave birth date blank, the system will prevent you from completing the volunteer registration because it will think you are too young to meet the age requirement.
- No cheerleading experience required for coaches. At the first few practices, the coaches will work together as a team to teach the kids the cheers. This provides consistency but also provides an opportunity for the new coaches to learn the cheers.
- Each Head Coach that has a child participating in the program receives ONE FREE child registration!
Other HOYC Volunteer Positions:
- Team Manager
- Apparel Coordinator (e.g., Uniforms, Spiritwear)
- Publicity/Social Media Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator (e.g., Pep Rally, End-of-Season Party)
There are no fees to register as a HOYC volunteer. All HOYC volunteers are expected to:
- Provide additional personal information and complete a background check before participating in HOYC events involving youth (link will be sent to you after you register)
- Complete a youth abuse prevention online training and exam before participating in HOYC events involving youth (link will be sent to you after you register)
- Complete the Volunteer Building Director (VBD) online training and exam by the deadline given (see link provided under "Links")
- Enforce the HOYC Code of Conduct with your squad members, parents, and spectators (see documents provided under "Forms and Documents")
- Complete administrative tasks by the deadlines given by the league
- Attend required coaches meetings and training/clinics
- Assist with league special events (e.g., uniform issue and collection)
- Implement and enforce Fairfax County/HOYC health and safety protocols
born between: 10/02/1946 and 10/01/2004